; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Herschel Herschel Herschel!

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Herschel Herschel Herschel!



It was an impulse buy.

I didn't INTEND on getting one, let alone two.

But I did feel the need to get a stylish iPad holder, and had heard about a little Vancouver company called Herschel.

The Herschel Supply Company makes some REALLY COOL THINGS. And yes, they are Vancouver based! How fun is that?

So I went in search of a Herschel iPad holder, wandered the boutique shops in Gastown - some of whom (like One of a Few) do carry Herschel, but not what I was looking for. For a Vancouver-based company, it is pretty hard to locate where to buy Herschel in Vancouver! There's also a shop on Granville Street downtown called Underworld that carries Herschel Supply Co. I eventually ended up at Simply Computing over on Broadway and they had the iPad holders in stock. Seriously, how cute is this!?



I was all set to get it and leave, until I turned around and was smacked with a wall of Herschel bags. What!? My iPad case went clattering to the ground in disbelief. I quickly picked it up before anyone else could swipe it, but it was lunchtime on a weekday, so I was in the clear. Anyhow, I wandered over to some of the Herschel messenger/laptop bags, and fondled their straps, caressed their zippers, and decided to open one up. I was greeted with a wonderfully bright red candy-striped lining on the inside, and a fur-lined section to hold laptops or other delicates.

With its simple exterior, it's really what's on the inside that counts, as they say. I was in heaven. I was in love.



And I needed to buy that love. So I did.

Hello, LOVER.



I walked away with two Herschel items that day. If you're looking for some fun bags or wallets or iPad cases, then please think local, please think Herschel!

No comments:

Post a Comment