; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Escape To Portland

Friday 6 April 2012

Escape To Portland

Perhaps you'll want to take a weekend trip to Portland, Oregon this long weekend?

I recently went on a four day getaway to Portland. It was my second time there and of course, it rained the entire time! I expected that, so I brought my rain boots with me. I had gotten them before the trip and was excited to break them in and knew that they would totally help during my Portland escape.

In Portland, I mainly ate and drank and then ate and drank some more. We hit up VooDoo Donuts, Simpatica, and Bunk Sandwiches, all places we visited the first time round and I needed to go back to.

We did check out a few new places, including Clyde Common at the Ace Hotel.


And the Douglas Fir Lounge, across the bridge, which seriously had the coolest retro room ever.






We wandered around the neighbourhoods, most notably up Hawthorne Avenue, and I detoured over to visit the Langlitz Leathers store, as I'd heard so much about it and really wanted to visit this institution!



The folks there couldn't have been any nicer!! The service was super friendly, and their products are of the finest quality. If you need motorcycle gear or leather in general, this is definitely one of most respected and recognizable places to check out! I bought a t-shirt there and they had free calendars as well for customers. Sweet! Thank you Langlitz!!


All in all, it was a great getaway, and taking the Amtrak Cascades down and back was the perfect way to go, as I could relax with some magazines and movies for the journey. Can't wait to visit Portland again!

Happy long weekend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment