; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Weekend Picks: Sing Along to Grease, Lowest Common Denominator, Visitors

Friday 14 March 2014

Weekend Picks: Sing Along to Grease, Lowest Common Denominator, Visitors

There are a lot of great things going on this weekend! Get out and have fun while I nurse my flu back to health. Here are the ones that caught my eye:


Sing Along to Grease at the Rio

I don't know how I managed, but somehow, I've never seen "Grease." Perhaps, it's because I have this terrible skin condition that makes me break out in hives when I get near a musical. 


But this looks like so much fun it might worth a Benadryl hangover. So down your favorite antihistamine and join in the song this Saturday evening. 

Sing Along to Grease
Saturday 15 March 2014 at 7:30 PM
Rio Theatre, 1660 E. Broadway, Vancouver
Tickets: $6-8 at Rio Theatre Tickets

Lowest Common Denominator at PAL

Honestly, I was first interested in this play to see what Deborah Williams of Flame fame is up to, but now I'm intrigued by the play's cutting-edge story of an intergenerational love triangle. 


Plus, this title appeals to the math and theatre geek in me. (I had a difficult childhood.)

Lowest Common Denominator
March 13-30, 2014
PAL Theatre, 581 Cardero Street, Vancouver
Tickets: $25-32 at Tickets Tonight or 604-684-2787

Visitors at the Rio

One of the many things that endear me to my husband was finding the entrancing "Koyaanisqatsi" on his PVR. This is the latest by Godfrey Reggio, director of that groundbreaking film. 


Once again Reggio presents a "stunning, wordless portrait of modern life." The film includes music by Philip Glass and is presented by Steven Soderbergh in super high-def 4k digital black and white projection. See the trailer here. This could be the perfect, lazy Sunday movie.

Visitors 
March 16, 17 at 9 PM
March 20 at 7 PM
Rio Theatre, 1660 E. Broadway, Vancouver
Tickets: $8-10 at Rio Theatre Tickets



No comments:

Post a Comment