; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Summer exhibit at Rennie Collection

Friday 12 August 2016

Summer exhibit at Rennie Collection

The current summer exhibit at the Rennie Collection is a bit underwhelming, I found. A photography exhibit featuring several different artists. I like photography, but I can't seem to appreciate photography where it's "artsy" such as a photo of a basketball hoop in the middle of a forest, as is the case in Richard Prince's "The Girl Next Door." I liked the photo, but I prefer things such as street photography a la Vivian Maier or Fred Herzog, or photos that capture moments that are newsworthy or something you might find in National Geographic. Call me basic.






If you've never been to the Rennie Collection, know that it's 1) Free and 2) comes with a guided tour by an art student, which in this case was very helpful in terms of understanding and appreciating the art more. And the building itself is a piece of art in its own right. If you're a tourist and you're visiting Vancouver and like your art galleries, then yes try to make it to the Rennie Collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment