; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Once

Saturday 21 November 2015

Once

I've seen Broadway's Tony award winning musical Once twice now (both times on the Great White Way), so when I found out it was actually going to be in Vancouver, I knew I had to round up everyone I knew and make them go see it, even if it meant that I had to go for a third time. Okay, twist my rubber arm!


Broadway Across Canada has brought us one of the most beautiful and touching musicals of the decade. Based on the indie film and featuring the Academy Award winning song, Falling Slowly, amongst a backdrop of other equally beautiful songs, the story is one of boy meets girl and but boy is still not over previous girl but current girl has a husband anyway, so really, what's going to happen.

With all the actors playing instruments live on stage, this is an experience not to be missed. Who knows when it will hit town again? Also, get there early for a chance to get up on the stage and get a drink from the show's "bar" and then witness some wonderful pre-show entertainment!

ONCE is on for one more day - Sunday, Nov 22 - matinee and evening performances. There are also half price tickets available at Tickets Tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment