; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: H.R. MacMillan Space Centre

Thursday 6 December 2012

H.R. MacMillan Space Centre

AKA, the Planetarium! I remember going here as a kid, but I can't remember the last time I was there as an adult. It was most likely for a Radiohead laser show one evening.



With my current possession of the Vancouver Inspiration Pass, I've been trying to go out to do more things and visit places I haven't been to in awhile. The H.R. MacMillan Space Centre is one of the places you can visit with the pass! And there are some fun things to do there!

For one, you can touch a moon rock!!


You can also take a turn at trying to lift up this meteor, which is a LOT heavier than it looks! And how cool is it to be touching a METEOR!?!?


And of course you can go and catch the daily shows going on in the theatre, with HAROLD The Star Projector!






The show itself was great to watch and learn about the planets and the Solar System, with footage of Earth from space as well as the surfaces of some of the other planets in our universe. It definitely made me feel that much smaller in this world we live in. A fun and educational experience for all! 

If you've never been, or if it's been awhile, then might I suggest a visit to the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre!



No comments:

Post a Comment