; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Great Freedom

Sunday 20 March 2022

Great Freedom

 It's good to be back at the movies, isn't it? 

I did go to a few during the pandemic but it's been few and far between. And last year I partook in the online Vancouver International Film Festival by purchasing a pass to stream films at home. 

Tonight however, I set foot once again in the Vancity VIFF Theatre on Seymour Street to catch the Cannes award winning feature, Great Freedom, a German film about a gay man who is released from Nazi Germany's concentration camps only to be put in jail for his homosexuality immediately after. 


It wasn't the gay prison love story I had imagined, but it was definitely moving and had me in tears at one point. I could see why it would be a winner at the Cannes Film Festival. 

Check out Great Freedom at the VIFF Theatre! Showtimes and tickets here


No comments:

Post a Comment