; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Rewilding Vancouver

Thursday 10 July 2014

Rewilding Vancouver

A few years ago I was walking to the skytrain over by Broadway and Commercial and went through the alleyway behind the McDonald's. I could've sworn I saw a rodent that looked positively radioactive scurrying into the ground. I didn't believe my eyes and was probably too grossed out by the whole thing that I've blocked it out of my mind and chalked it up to my imagination. 


However, if you go see the current exhibit at the Museum of Vancouver, you'll be quick learn that what I saw was in fact a reality. Did you know that Vancouver used to have red rats roaming about? Rewilding Vancouver "explores the city’s nature as it was, is, and could be."

Rewilding Vancouver is currently on at the Museum of Vancouver until September 1st. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment