; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: The Irishman

Thursday 28 November 2019

The Irishman

My friend was super stoked to go see the latest Scorcese film in a theatre, rather than on Netflix.

So we went to the Vancity theatre, where it was being shown. We caught the second last night that it was running after having been on for a few weeks by now. Yet still, it was a sold out crowd and a standby line had started! This is a movie available on Netflix, yet all these people chose to go out to the cinema for it. How wonderful!

Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the movie all that much. It wasn't terrible, but it just wasn't that great. At least not enough to justify the over 3+ hour running length! I was trapped in the middle of a row and really didn't want to disturb my fellow theatre-goers, who all seemed to be enjoying the movie. Anyhow, I sat through it all and I'll never get that time back.

The acting was great and it was cool to see how they made actors like Robert DeNiro look young again, but the story wasn't that intriguing to me and didn't really capture my attention.

If you're a Jimmy Hoffa fanatic however, you will probably love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment