; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Fringe Festival: Josephine

Thursday 5 September 2019

Fringe Festival: Josephine

I believe I have just witnessed something magical. Truly. 

Tymisha Harris stars in this one woman show about the life of Josephine Baker.

It is full of heart, and breathtakingly beautiful in its simplicity, which includes the undeniable talent of Harris and her absolutely joyous performance.


I can't believe this was the first show I went to see at the Fringe. How can anything else even measure up after this? It's going to be a tough act to follow, that's for sure. In fact, I may just abandon all other plans and just go back again and again to see Josephine, if only to watch Harris deliver her devastating rendition of The Times They Are a-Changing.

The show has humour as well, with just enough interactiveness to bring laughter and an all around feel good mood without the awkwardness or embarrassment that usually accompanies shows that break down that fourth wall.

Right now, I have nothing else to compare it to, but I do know that if you only get to see one show this Fringe season, I am placing all of my bets on Josephine.

Josephine runs for five more shows, so get your tickets now before they're all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment