; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Sky Ferreira at the Biltmore

Saturday 6 April 2013

Sky Ferreira at the Biltmore

Last night I went to the Sky Ferreira concert at the Biltmore. I like the EP she had out and I think she has major potential, so to see her in such an intimate space was quite a treat! She had two opening bands, one of which I fell in love with instantly!

The High Highs is the name of the band, and I don't know anything else about them really. I know I liked their music enough to and buy their CD from the merch booth. I then stopped the lead singer after their set was done to tell him that I thought they were awesome! Turns out, they are on Sony Music (according to the CD) and in the liner notes, they thank Sir Elton John for believing in them.

Here's the title track of their latest album, Open Season:


I found their music ethereal and mystical, with a tinge of nostalgia and hints of late summer evenings. I can't wait to listen to this CD!

The second act that came on was How To Dress Well, and he/they did a good job getting the crowd even more enthused for the main event.

Then of course it was time for Sky Ferreira to take the stage, and she was adorable and cute and sung wonderfully! Some of the songs I didn't even know, so I'm glad to hear material from her that I wasn't familiar with and liked! Of course, the banger of the night was her finale, Everything is Embarassing, which everybody went nuts for!




Thank you all for coming to Vancouver, it was a superb concert!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment