; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: I Wear Tight Clothing, High Heeled Shoes, That Doesn't Mean That I'm a Prostitute!

Wednesday 26 August 2009

I Wear Tight Clothing, High Heeled Shoes, That Doesn't Mean That I'm a Prostitute!

Last night I went to our local fair, the PNE, along with a few hundred other feygelahs, to spend an evening with some familiar funky divas: it was a free summer concert by EN VOGUE!!!! With Corn Dogs in one hand and a bag of mini-donuts in the other, I was ready for some Dawn Robinson, Cindy, Terry Ellis, and Maxine!!! Bring it on Girls!!!

When they sang Don't Let Go, I totally wanted to dedicate that to The Guy! lol! "Don't you wanna be, more than friends?" I love their video for this, look at the rage they have in their eyes. Also, all of them seem to get their time in the spotlight and can each hold their own singing-wise. Too bad Dawn had to go and break up the group by leaving it, otherwise who knows how well they could've maintained their success?



From their classic Hold On and the soulful Giving Him Something He Can Feel to the Salt-N-Pepa rap duet Whatta Man and the diva-esque My Lovin' You're Never Gonna Get It, the girls covered all of their big hits and several covers of oldies!

And of course, who can forget their anthem, Free Your Mind?



A fantastic evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment