; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Broadway Across Canada: Anastasia

Thursday 9 March 2023

Broadway Across Canada: Anastasia

 Last night I went to see Anastasia, the Musical. My friend and I bought our tickets for this show three years ago. We were to see it in March of 2020, but well, you know what happened. It got postponed, and then postponed again. Finally, the day had come for us to finally see this show! 

And wow, I regret not taking the refund that was being offered to me and instead sticking with the tickets. This show was terrible. There was zero chemistry between the actors. The songs were boring. The script was dull. The acting was not great. 

My friend and I, after waiting three long years to see this, ended up walking out at Intermission. And we were not the only ones. Other people exiting with us commiserated about how terrible the show was. "Like, that was BAD," said the stranger outside to us. 

I'll be at another Broadway Across Canada production later this month - Pretty Woman - and I'm hoping it will be a lot better than this. Or will it just be a big mistake? Huge? 

Anastasia is on now at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre until March 12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment